www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekend Blues

Well...it's Sunday and the weekend is over. Whomp whomp whomp! To add to the sting, my sis just left today! That was stinky! I kept asking the hubs, "Did you check her oil? Did you check her tires? Is the Garmin set up?" I feel like a mama who just sent their kid to college! Chris and I will definitely be suffering from a little ENS, {Empty Nest Syndrome}--> it's a real problem!

Shelbs sportin' her oober cute neon pink blazer!

We really wanted to do something fun and unique before she left, so Chris found the PERFECT thing! Last night we went to Cedars Food Park in Dallas for a grand opening event. It was complete with live music and lots and lots of amazing food! To back this up a bit, when we moved to Dallas last summer, I came with the hopes of going to a food park and hitting up some food trucks, but was sadly disappointed to find out that Dallas really didn't have that yet. I seriously DREAMED of this place that didn't quite exist. Dallas had food trucks, but never all of them in one location. However, Chris was browsing around on the internet yesterday afternoon and BAM!--> my dream became a reality! Heaven was now placed on Earth and we were going!



Super duper excited X 1,000,000,000

I cannot put into words how happy this made me! Shelb and Chris also LOVED it! We tried to "divide and conquer" and hit up as many food trucks as possible so that we could share here and there and taste a little bit of everything! Here is just a glimpse of the YUMMIES we tried!

There were just too many to get to everything--> good enough reason to go back!!!

We were stuffed!

On our way home Shelb wanted a mini-tour of downtown Dallas so we took a little cruise. Chris and I have yet to drive across the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge so of course we did, and it was gorge! I love seeing the city skyline at night. It never ceases to amaze me!


Today we woke up knowing it was "the day". Ugh! Why does goodbye have to be so lame! We took Shelb to lunch on her way out of town and then said our goodbyes! It was a SHORT summer but definitely a SWEET summer with her here! Much love to ya sissy!


Hope you all had a fab weekend! I am off to the kitchen to partake in some YUMMY beans and cornbread that my hubby made. He is definitely the bomb.com!

P.S. Just to prove his awesomeness, I sent him to the grocery store yesterday morning and made him a list in the reminders on his phone. It is synced to mine so I can add to it as he shops and see what he has gotten as he checks it off the list. Well, I checked the list at home while he was shopping {just to add something, I am not crazy}, and found this little somethin' sweet added to the list. Ummm...UH-mazing I know! Gotta love him!

{Btdub, should read "strawberry Jello Box"}

Xoxoxoxo everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment