www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Memories of Yellow, TX

Hubs and I are traveling again! I feel like we are always somewhere else other than home! Oh well... We are trying to get that out of our system before little sweeties start running around and our lives revolve around kiddos!

Over the weekend we were in Walsh, CO--> home of Odie's grandma, granddad, and some extended family. Walsh is a quaint little farming community in southeast Colorado and the nearest airport is in Amarillo, TX. Therefore, we had to fly into Amarillo Friday and then drive a couple of hours to Walsh. Making for a fun little trip with fam! We met Chris's mama and Steve at Dallas Love Field and flew out together from there.

Our first stop when getting off the plane was Big Texan- home of the free 72 oz steak {free IF you can eat it in its entirety}. Chris and I ate there plenty of times while living in Amarillo, satisfying the curiosity of all our friends and fam who came to visit. Just go once, see what its all about, try the 72 ouncer if you are brave enough, and get it out of your system. After that you're probably content. 
My hubs always cheeses it up in photos.

After that we had a little time to drive around and reminisce about the life of the Odoms in Amarillo, before we began our trek to Walsh. We visited...

Our old church where Chris and I got married--> Paramount Baptist Church. This was our church home while living in Amarillo and we miss it & the people in it tremendously!


Our old townhouse-->our first home.  Bittersweet memories...

Water Still--> a MUST. If you have never lived in Amarillo, you may not know about Water Still. However, Amarillo natives KNOW about Water Still, the absolute BEST place to get tea of all kinds, {16 different flavors}! My favies are sweet raspberry and sweet peach. Chris LOVES the spearmint tea, which is also delish!  Plus, minty fresh breath with that baby. Other yummy flaves--> green tea, orange mango, blueberry green, mixed berry green, and even some yummo lemonade that you can drink solo or in an Arnold Palmer. I.e. amazing place! P.S. Did I mention they sell water too?

A very dear place in my heart, my old school--> Sleepy Hollow! I started my teaching career there, teaching 4th grade. I had SOOOOOOO much fun with those fourthies and could not have asked for a better place to start. I will always miss the kiddos, the staff, and the families! Super duper special just doesn't say enough!



 Odom Wedding Reception--> Hilton Garden Inn. Nothing but a great time there!


It was so wonderful being able to spend some time taking ourselves back to our beginnings. Beginnings of marriage, beginnings of careers, beginning of friendships... We will always adore the city of Amarillo (Yellow), Texas and hope to come back again soon when we have more time to catch up with some old friends!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this..
And I smiled.

~ Caleb Salcido(:

Meagan said...

Well hello Mr. Caleb! I'm so sorry to respond so late. I'm not good at keeping up with blogging so I just saw this. Lots of great memories in Amarillo and with you kids and I hope you are doing well!

Post a Comment