www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peace, Love, and Texas Tech


Remember the part in the last post where I talked about traveling like a mad woman?!? Yea, I also forgot to mention that my little hiney was getting right off the plane to come home, freshen up, and repack just to get back in the car to drive to Lubbock, TX! Yes. That's right, I was actually in three states in one day! Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas. Since my sissy has been staying with us, I decided it would be easiest on everyone if I went with her to her new student orientation. However, I only drove us for about an hour and then Shelbs took over from there--> pretty good sis!

Did I also mention how stoked I am that she will be a Red Raider? Yea, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that!


I was sooooooo pumped about taking her because, again, this was another opportunity for me to reminisce. I felt like I was going back to school! Woohoo, back to college! Ok not quite...

So we woke up super early Monday morning. I was right in there with all the rents and yes, I was a little nervous that someone was going to assume I was Shelb's mama...I mean, 25 is not old enough to have a 19 year old! The math just doesn't quite add up!

TTU New Student Orientation 2012:

Shelb's mission...to get registered for classes and see campus.

My mission....to get a strawberry white chocolate smoothie from Sam's Place in the SUB. Nessa (my bestie and college roomie at Tech) and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED our strawberry white chocolate smoothies and have had some serious withdrawals since graduating! Odie (my hubs) has tried to make a copy cat, but it just isn't the same! There is something in the powder they use that makes it MAGICAL! So I went into Sam's Place and didn't see any signs of the smoothie area--> I almost fell to the ground to throw my fit right then and there! I asked the girl working if they sell smoothies anymore and she gave me the "Huh? Smoothies? We've never sold smoothies" kind of look. Of course, the only words said were "No ma'am." Hello MEAGAN! You graduated  3 years ago, things have changed! That was a bit of a wakeup call-->getting old. But then, she TOTALLY lifted my spirits when she said, "They sell smoothies at Cold Corner next door." *SIGH* Last hope! Stepped next door and.....IT WAS CLOSED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! My life was officially over! Ok not so much, but pretty traumatic. So we continued on with our agenda for orientation and I moped {I got over it eventually}. We went into the SUB later that afternoon and I BOLTED to Cold Corner...God sure did smile down on me...IT WAS OPEN! I ordered, watched anxiously as they made it, and waited for just the right moment to take that first sip. Words CANNOT describe the deliciousness! NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING tastes better than that. So, of course, I had to take a pic of it and send it to Vanessa. Hey, a little friendly "look what I have and yooooouuuu don't" never hurt anyone right? P.S. Sorry to write a novel about a drink--> but it is THAT GOOD!



Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed showing her around campus and feeling like "the big shot." We had a blast. It was just as exciting for me as it was for her! Now we have two Red Raiders in the Kimball fam and I have a twinsy that will put her guns up along with me and my hubs! So proud of my sissy! P.S. Three different people asked me if I was registering for classes this fall...SCORE!



To end the day we had din din with another bestie of mine, Faith Table {Her last name is Meza, sounds the same as Mesa, which means table in Spanish, i.e. the name Faith Table}. I can always count on a fab time with her laughing at all the ridiculous things we did in high school. She even came over to the hotel after din for a bit to hang out. We decided to go on an adventure to get ice and a coke. Btw, no better coke than a hotel coke--> ice cold bottle from the vending machine with some ice in those little hotel cups wrapped in plastic = YUMMO! So we called it an adventure, but didn't expect it to actually be one. We walked out of the room...Faith suggested we go right, but we went left...wrong way...turned around...end of the hall, found the coke machine...realized I didn't bring any money....went back to room...got some quarters....$3.00 worth for 2 cokes...got back to the coke machine....coke was $2.00!!!...that's right $2.00/one coke...Faith and I discussed how we will talk to our grandkids about how "cheap" things were back in our day...said "forget it Shelbs, we only get one coke"...found the ice machine....went back to our room to FINALLY enjoy! Phew! Man, do I miss her!


Next morning, Shelbs and I had to stop by Red Raider Outfitter to stock up on some Tech gear, which is very difficult to find in DFW! I went in with the intentions of finding a double T auto emblem for Odie's new truck, but of course found a little something for me too! I got this adorbs Tech T in, of course, chevron! Tech has got it going on! Red Raider Outfitters always knows what's up. They even had some with a tribal pattern, but not in my size so I passed! I can wear this when I work out, or let's face it, when I feel like not really getting dressed! Also, the double T I went in for actually turned out to be an even cooler double T accompanied by the state of Texas...SWEET! I think he will LOVE IT!


And now, FINALLY, I sit here relaxing {ha!} for a little bit, before we turn around and leave again this weekend. Next on the agenda, Round Rock, TX to celebrate the 1st birthday of our sweet Kenny Boo Boo {Kennedy Ann}! I can't wait to love on her and help her celebrate turning the big 1! Her ladybug-themed party will be presh! Can't wait!

Enjoy your evening peeps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment