www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Faves: My summer is here!

Summa summa summatime! -->Always a good jam!

I just finished summer school. Chicka chicka what what! I am FINALLY on summer vacay! Therefore, I am once again attempting to be a true blogger! I told you I would be a pitiful excuse for a blogger until summer rolled around.  So here it goes...

Summer has been fab thus far! Hubs and I got a new roomie for the summer. My little sissy is staying with us this summer and working her little hiney off waiting tables for some mula! She is headed to Lubbock, TX in the fall to attend Texas Tech, which just so happens to be my alma mater and my hubby's. Wreck 'em Tech! Yes, I am an obnoxious Red Raider and yes, I always will be:-)



My hubs has been so spoiled with her here! Shelbs goes to the gym with him, they watch {lame} TV shows together, and they even play a few video games. All of which, I have no desire to do! However, they have enticed another ambitious goal of mine this summer--> to work out! Sweets would be so pumped if I picked that up. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can...


I have definitely been sleeping in AS LATE AS POSSIBLE lately. Been spending my mornings sipping on coffee {or coke... I only drink coffee when I want to feel like a grown up coffee drinker in the morn}. I've also caught a lot of my fave daytime shows! One of which is a new show, Bethenny. I've watched her on Bravo so long now and find her to be hilarious and very real. On top of that I'm lovin' some of Live with Kelly, Kathie Lee and Hoda on The Today Show, Nate Berkus, and of course Ellen. Heaven...yes, just a slice!


I also plan to indulge in some DIY therapy this summer...including some for home and for school. Almost all of which were inspired by Pinterest--DUH! Two that I am most excited about are...

DIY vintage coffee table
The tutorial can be found over at DIY Vintage Chic--> cannot WAIT to do this with A LOT of help from my hubby Odie.

Crate Seats
These crate seats are all over Pinterest and I am going to make them for my little sweets to sit on at the writing station and/or guided reading table. I found this tutorial over at What The Teacher Wants.

Ambition never hurt anyone right?

I have also made a list of things I am loving this summer and things I am wanting this summer.

1. Coral and gold-  {See outfit above for proof of my current liking...}

Here is a little DIY nail design I am wearing right now with these fun summer colors. This was also Pinterest inspired. I just love love love coral for summer! My fave skinnies are coral, my fave top is coral, and almost everything in between fits into my coral obsession! Oh and not to mention my obsession with this everlasting trend, chevron. Therefore, I squeezed all that into this DIY mani.  P.S.  DIY means it is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination!


I also just recently purchased this beautiful statement necklace. Cannot wait to wear it! Found it at http://www.baublebar.com/ where I have ordered some other cute accessories too. LOVE it!


2. Would DIE for these ombre dipped pink pants!!! Definitely a wish! I will keep dreaming...


3. Lovin' these sideways cross necklaces because they can accompany so many other pieces. Great for layering or just simplicity. WANT!


4. Considering this Chevron Monogrammed Otterbox for iPhone, but encountering some hesitations. For one, my name is Meagan Michelle Odom, hence the lame monogram MOM, which is totally not me...yet! Also, it is an Otterbox...anyone else have major issues with the stretchy silicone on an Otterbox? Regardless, I'm still thinking about it. Meaning... someone needs to step in and tell me "NO!"


These are just a few items from the loooooooong list of my faves this summer. What are you diggin' this summer? Happy mid-week everyone!


1 comments:

The Ham Family said...

Don't do the otter box. Go to gelaskins.com and get a skin for your phone. Then get a clear plastic case from case-mate.com. The skins are so cool. And you could design your own using one of your pictures. I got Loneliness of Autumn. The gelaskin goes on the back, front, and sides. Then you can get wallpaper to match. My phone is so cool now. I plan to make one with my grandkids picture as soon as I can get a good pic. Miss you!

Post a Comment