www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Friday Favies: On Sunday {So what!}

I am a couple of days late on my second only Friday Favies post, but I am at home enjoying some quality fam time and really don't have a care in the world! Short and sweet is my motto for this one!

Uno- Olympics and Michael Phelps

I had a mad crush on Michael Phelps four years ago and those feelings just came flooding back this summer! I mean, I just love him {my hubby is my #1 stud of course}. I think he is adorbs and not to mention, a PHENOMONAL athlete--> making him super duper cutesy in my book! My favie moment, which also happened to be the WORST {bittersweet} was watching him swim his last race last night! So sad to see him go but that guy has wrecked shop in metals and I guess it is about time he just relaxes!



Ca-yute right?!?

I also still love watching gymnastics. I never did gymnastics growing up. I never even cheered, but for some reason I was always obsessed with it and when Olympics time rolled around as a kid, I was jumping off of everything, doing cartwheels and wanna-be somersaults, and using a railroad tie in the backyard as a balance beam while my dad watered the grass. I still want to do all of the above when I watch it! Last night I watched the special on NBC about the Magnificent 7 {USA womens gymnastic team in 1996}. I remember admiring every one of them, especially Dominique Moceanu and Kerri Strugs. I still remember Kerri's vault like it was yesterday and it still gives me chills watching it today. Baller!
{YouTube}



I just LOVE the patriotism everyone embraces at Olympics time!

Next on my Olympic to do list: Watch Lolo Jones run! Her story {as are many other athletes'} is such an inspirational one. I am SOOOOOOOOO rootin' for that girl!

{Not to mention, she's gorge}

Dos-- Allsup's Gut Grenade {aka. Beef & Bean Burrito}

That's right, one of my fave things to get when I come home is a burrito from Allsup's. The only people who will understand this appreciation for a simple fried burrito are us small town natives whose day is made with a trip to Allsups for one of these yummies!


So...if you are ever strollin' through Small Town USA, {mostly New Mexico}, stop by for one. Seriously! P.S. Do NOT forget taco sauce!!!

Tres-- Sonic Raspberry Vanilla Cream Sprite--> Yes, all of it! If you like candy and you like the idea of drinking candy, this is your drink! YUMMO is all I can say!
Nothing beats happy hour at Sonic!

This is definitely the case in my classroom!

Cuatro-- RHONJ

Once again, my reality TV addiction has me glued to the television for this show every Sunday. I'm not proud of it, but the first step to recovery is admitting it right? I'm a sucker for RH, but definitely obsessed with New Jersey's version. Can't wait for this week's episode. BUT, I have to because there is NO NEW EPISODE this week! WHAT?!? I actually just found this out...not a happy camper. Mom and I had a little watch party planned because I was home, but negativo on that. Bummer-ama!

Regardless, I can't wait until next week to see what drama arises on their little vacay together!


Cinco-- the beautiful, open, star-filled New Mexico sky

Obviously no stars in this photo--> hard to get a pick of those!

I LOVE sitting outside visiting with fam when I come home. It is so relaxing and calming to be able to look up at the sky and just see stars. No city lights. No planes. Just stars. You gain a true appreciation for it when you no longer have it at your convenience! Just another joy of coming home!

Seis-- One Direction

Yes, that boy band all the little girlies are lovin...me too! Truly, I'm just obsessed with their oh-so-popular song, "That's What Makes You Beautiful". It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO catchy and I cannot, no matter where I am or what I am doing, resist singing into something-->pen, phone, hand, whatever's available}. Here is the video for those of you who haven't heard it. {I can't imagine anyone having not heard it}.

{YouTube}
Yea, I just listened to it... AGAIN!

And lastly, siete--  Sundays in Jal, NM
That song, "That's what I love about Sunday" by Craig Morgan perfectly describes what it is like to be home on a Sunday. We went to church and then came home to do "not much of anything" today and it is the BESTEST!

Mama and I


Random, but I had the opportunity of going into the Sunday School building today, {a building I haven't been in in about 5 years}, and I had to take a pic of the COOLEST coke machine known to man. Talk about vintage! This thing doesn't dispense sodas anymore, nor did it when I was younger. However, it runs on a faith and honesty system in which people just open up the door, grab a bevie, and drop some change. Those who grew up in this church totally understand my fascination with it! Just another fond memory!

 
That's what I'm lovin' this week! Y'all enjoy the rest of your Super Sunday!






0 comments:

Post a Comment