www.meaganandchrisodom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cleaning Makes a Heart Happy:: Washin' Yo Washin' Machine

I just got back from Jal after some much needed time with my fam, {and lots of hours sitting alongside my mama on the couch doing nothing but watching our fave shows}. It was great, but back to reality! Before I hit up my classroom to get ready for another year with my kinder sweets, I decided to complete a deep clean at home. I can't start work until my burning desire for a spotless, gleaming, Fabuloso-smelling house is fulfilled.

First, I visited Pinterest to track down some special cleaning tips I have been wanting to use. One of which, was this tutorial on cleaning your top-loading washer. Seriously y'all, I will feel a bajillion times better in my clothes now that I have done this. "Soap goes through the washer all the time! There is no need to clean it!" SCREEEEEEEEEEECH! {Hand up and all}...WRONG! It is much "filthier" than you might think. The proof is in the water!


All you need is bleach and vinegar--> two things any avid cleaner already has in their casa!


Clorox bleach & white vinegar

1st--> Fill your washer with hot water {super load} and add a quart of bleach.


Next-->  Let it run for about a minute to get the bleach and water mixed up. Then allow it to sit for about an hour.

Next-->  After an hour is up, allow the machine to run its' cycle. {longest wash}

Next-->  Immediately fill the machine again with hot water and add a quart of vinegar. Again, let the machine run for about a minute and then let it sit for an hour.

Next-->  While the vinegar/water mixture is settling, this is your time to scrub it down! I used a scouring pad and the vinegar & water in the washer to scrub the inside and outside.


Things really start gettin' real when you begin taking things apart. I took the agitator's cap off and ewww! I scrubbed the inside and the lid of that thing!

See...GROSS!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!

To finish it off, I used an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the outside. I did this while the machine was running its' last cycle with the water and vinegar. I used Method's all-purpose cleaner in pink grapefruit scent {from Target}. This stuff smells super yummy, and it's green! Another favie cleaner of mine is Fabuloso. Hubs and I use it religiously. I love to leave some in the sink for a day with some water. It seriously makes the entire house smell UH-mazing! I have only ever been able to find the liquid cleaner. However, when I saw this spray cleaner in Jal this weekend, I snagged it. So now I have two deliciously clean options to choose from!


Not to mention, those peeps at Method are funny! Above, the yellow label on top says "This Beauty is a Beast" and below you can see the funny they put on the back label. I seriously laugh out loud every time I read this label. That makes for happy cleaning!

Hilarious!

One last wipedown

In the end, you have a sparkling, clean washing machine! No more funky smells and no more gunk! As I read in this tutorial, it is good to do this deep clean twice a year.


It shines in my eyes!

Also, you can use Tide's Washing Machine Cleaners about once a month for an easy means of cleaning your washing machine.

P.S. She also has a tutorial for all you front-loaders out there! I hope to be you someday!




To finish up my cleaning frenzy, I referred to this video tutorial from Clean My Space to clean out my Keurig. It definitely needed it! Btdub, this blog has a plethora of cleaning tips for soooooooo many things I never even thought of. For real, check it out!



Now I feel refreshed and the smell of Fabuloso has got me feelin' pretty hunky dory! Now to flip the switch to all things kindergarten!

Any good cleaning tips? I would LOVE to hear them!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment